Supported by the Mitsui & Co. Following are the key activities of the project to be implemented during a 3 years period (2 years activities have already been accomplished successfully).
- Formation of a Project Implementation and Monitoring Committee (PIMC) involving all the key stakeholders of the local target villages in order to take care of proper implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Recruitment and training 7 project staff personnel to implement the project activities.
- Training to 40 youth volunteers of the area and women members of SHG on relevant environmental issues and project activities.
- Conducting a baseline and project end survey in 20 target villages to get bench mark and project end data and evaluate the outcomes and achievements of the project.
- Raising awareness on various environmental issues among 2,000 community people including women and youth to disseminate the message among 40,000 people of the area.
- Construction and revival of 6 rain water harvesting structures including check dams and village ponds.
- Stabilizing 30 sand dunes and sandy slopes by planting shrubs and bushes in the contours, furrows and bench terraces erected over them.
- Plugging 50 deep gullies by erecting mud cum trench walls mulched with grasses and shrubs and bushes.
- Planting 100,000 trees of fuel, fodder and fruits species in the project area.